Pages

Saturday 8 April 2017

March winners / April tutorial ...

I will be announcing our March winners shortly but first I would like to introduce you to our Tips, Tricks and Techniques for April brought to you by team member, Judy Willey.

A background by Judy Willey

Hi Everyone, this month I thought I would show you some of the techniques that I used to make my background for this month's challenge, using watercolour paints and inks. I created the sky using a stamp pad and a simple cloud template. 

By moving the template slightly to the left or right as you move down the page, you can achieve the effect of fluffy clouds. I ink upwards from the template fading and blending as I go.


Watercolours are quite popular at the moment and they are a fun way to create a background especially if you are looking to achieve a particular colour.


 Initially I felt I had too much green so I kept adding grey tones and watched the colours blend.


Then, when the paper dried  I sketched some stems and buds.


Then I placed the matted photo and flowers in place and finished off with some fussy cut, embossed clouds and some journalling.


Background watercolour work is always fun and I am never too sure how it will look when it dries. Don’t despair if its not quite what you wanted - keep adding to it until you are happy! 

Why not give water colours a go if you haven’t tried them before.

Have fun - can’t wait to see what you create for this months challenge. 

now onto our March winners .....  super thrilled to have all of you play along with us last month - thank you !

Our main winner for March is #9 Louise with this fantastic page.



Our random draw winner is #3 Saturday Scrappers

Donated by Helene Bogren

 Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me on jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details. You have until the announcement of the winners for next month to do so. Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 

Our Creative Team highlight from last month is Tone with her sensational layout.  She will receive a little surprise something from me.


Please don't forget to enter this month's ARTastic challenge. All the details are in the left sidebar. Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats everyone :) Beautiful work :)
    And thanks a lot for a nice suprise Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete